Award-Winning Best-Selling Author
Murder never takes a vacation, not even in paradise. That’s what Private Investigator Cate Harlow discovers while she’s on a Hawaiian vacation with her sexy ex, NYPD detective, Will Benigni.
Their vacation is unceremoniously interrupted by not one, but two murders, at the famed and upscale Kahala Resort where Cate and Will are staying.
Hindering the police investigation at the resort is a group of amateur sleuths calling themselves the Make Mine Murder Society. The wealthy women in the society are led by the pompous and shady Mr. Arnold, a self-styled “expert in the grisly methods of murder.”
When Cate and Will are asked by Will’s old college roommate, the police captain in charge of the murder investigation, for help in solving the murders, Cate’s dream vacation becomes a danger zone that leads her to an unexpected killer and a desperate fight to avoid becoming the next victim.
A Cate Harlow Private Investigation book 5
“Kristen Houghton really knows how to write! Could not put it down!”
— Jeani Rector, Editor, The Horror Zine
“Fun, murder-mystery perfect! Houghton is a wonderful storyteller!”
— Bob Woods, Criminal Element Magazine
“If you like Harlan Coben, you’ll love Kristen Houghton. Excellent reading!”
— Greg Archer, author and journalist
Books sold at:
About Kristen Houghton
Kristen Houghton is the author of nine novels, two nonfiction books, a collection of short stories, a book of essays,
and a children’s novella.
DO UNTO OTHERS is book 4 in her best selling series, A Cate Harlow Private Investigation.
She is also the author of the Horror Writers of America
award-winning Quick-Read, Welcome to Hell.
Kristen Houghton has covered politics, news, and lifestyle issues as a contributor to the Huffington Post. Her writing portfolio includes Criminal Element Magazine, a division of Macmillan Publishing, Hartford Woman, Today, Senior Fiction Editor at Bella Magazine, interviews and reviews for HBO documentaries, OWN, The Oprah Winfrey Network, and The Style Channel.
Kristen is a member of the following professional organizations:
-Mystery Writers of America
-American Crime Writers League
-Member of the Board of Trustees for Project Literacy of Greater b
She lives in NYC and on Sanibel Island with her husband, baseball historian, Alan William Hopper.
“ A masterfully woven story about the horrors of the sex abuse scandals rocking the Roman Catholic Church and the impact on both victims and their families. A missing boy cold case, three murdered priests, and a PI who finds the bizarre connection between the two."
GREG Archer, The Huffington Post
SINS of the FATHERS
- May 7, 2022Churchill Downs
- Sun, Nov 27West Orange High SxchoolNov 27, 2022, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PMWest Orange High Sxchool, 51 Conforti Ave,. West Orange, NJI will be signing books for the Cate Harlow Private Investigation series, as well as Lilith Angel and Welcome to Hell. I will also be giving a talk on writing books with strong female characters. Come and join the Fall fun!
- Fri, Oct 11Stony Hill Inn
- Fri, Aug 30Philip Ciarco Jr. Learning CenterAug 30, 2019, 6:00 PMPhilip Ciarco Jr. Learning Center, 355 Main St, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USAAuthor Kristen Houghton: "When I was a teacher I told my high school students the person who taught them to read, whether a teacher, relative, or friend, gave them a priceless gift. My grandmother did not know how to read or even write her name.".
- Tue, May 01New York
- Mon, Apr 30Location is TBD
- Mon, Apr 30Location is TBD
Kristen would love to connect with you!
"I am available as a speaker for "book club style talks, presentations/lectures about writing, publishing, and books, as well as a variety of hands-on creative writing workshops. I can speak to groups in schools, libraries, or at private events/foundations. References available from similar visits upon request.
To schedule Kristen for your event or book club, please contact her at:
email: email@example.com (write book club in the message area)
Kristen Houghton is represented by agents:
D4EO Literary Agency
Bob Di Forio
Dystel & Goderich Literary Agency
For review inquiries, press kit, interviews, and appearances, please contact
Hunter Grisham PR